Review recent substance use and addiction publications, courses, and more for pediatricians.
Photo by ©iStock.com/Rawpixel
- Science to Medicine – Topics include screening and medication treatment for opioid use disorder (OUD). Review the latest science followed by considerations from other pediatricians who are screening for substance use and treating OUD in their practices.
- Adolescent Substance Use and Rx Drug Misuse CME – Videos from your peers enhance this course, which aims to help you navigate confidentiality in discussions with your teen patients about their substance use. Features tips and talking points for patients at all risk levels.
- AAP’s Acute Pain Management: Changes and Challenges CME – American Academy of Pediatrics
- AAP’s Chronic Pain and the Opioid Crisis CME – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Addressing Adolescent Substance Use: How to Recognize, Screen, and Communicate CME – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- EQIPP: Substance Use – Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral to Treatment – American Academy of Pediatrics
Opioid Crisis & Pain Management
- Addressing the Opioid Epidemic from AAP – Joint strategies to address the opioid crisis
- Opioids, Pregnancy, and Neonatal Care – Practice guidance; research and news; and further education on the topic
- Resources to Address the Opioid Epidemic – Policy statements, provider education, and other resources to address the opioid crisis
Marijuana and Other Drugs
- Prenatal Risk and Infant Regulation: Indirect Pathways via Fetal Growth and Maternal Prenatal Stress and Anger
- Marijuana Use During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- JUULing: What Pediatricians and Families Need to Know – Information about the JUUL, a brand of e-cigarette
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders – American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Report
- Principles of Substance Abuse Prevention for Early Childhood
- Preventing Drug Use Among Children and Adolescents (In Brief)
- The Good Behavior Game
- Clinical Report: Substance Use Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment
- Bright Futures Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents
For Patients and Parents
- Visit the NIDAMED homepage for additional CME courses, patient materials, and information on the opioid crisis, screening, prevention, and treatment.