Photo by ©iStock.com/ma-no
Review recent substance use and addiction news, publications, resources, and more for those in the dental field.
- Science to Medicine – Review the latest science about screening for substance use in the dental setting and get real-world tips from colleagues with considerations and resources to help you implement screening in your practice.
- Safe Opioid Prescribing for Acute Dental Pain course – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
Opioid Crisis & Pain Management
- ADA, NIH look for ways to collaborate on dentistry’s role in preventing opioid misuse
- ADA Announces New March 26 Policy to Combat the Opioid Epidemic-Mandatory CE
- A White Paper on Opioid Prescribing from the American Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The Role of Dental Education in the Prevention of Opioid Prescription Drug Misuse – American Dental Education Association
- Drug Use and Your Mouth – Drug Facts for Teens
- Visit the NIDAMED homepage for additional CME courses, patient materials, and information on the opioid crisis, screening, prevention, and treatment.