Review substance use and addiction courses, guidelines, position papers and more for internists.
Photo by ©iStock.com/dragana991
- Science to Medicine – Review the latest science and learn about how other clinicians are screening for substance use and providing medication treatment for opioid use disorder in their practice settings.
- NIDAMED CME/CE Activities – Visit this page for courses related to opioids, opioids prescribing, and addiction.
- American College of Physicians (ACP) Online Learning Center – Check out opioid and addiction related CME and MOC activities from ACP. Use the search tab to narrow down the courses that apply to you.
Opioid Crisis and Pain Management
- Noninvasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Low Back Pain – Clinical practice guidelines and recommendations from ACP.
- ACP Performance Measures – Learn more about ACP’s stance on measures related to pain assessment and management. Recommendations are based on the ACP's Performance Measurement Committee, which assesses the validity of performance measures for healthcare.
- Health and Public Policy to Facilitate Effective Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders Involving Illicit and Prescription Drugs – ACP’s position paper on prevention and treatment of substance use disorders.
- Check out NIDAMED's For Your Patients page for educational materials on addiction and substance use.
- Visit the NIDAMED homepage for additional CME courses, patient materials, and information on the opioid crisis, screening, prevention, and treatment.