Our mission is to advance science on the causes and consequences of drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health.
- Strategically supporting and conducting basic and clinical research on drug use (including nicotine), its consequences, and the underlying neurobiological, behavioral, and social mechanisms involved.
- Ensuring the effective translation, implementation, and dissemination of scientific research findings to improve the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and enhance public awareness of addiction as a brain disorder.
Learn About NIDA
Who We Are
Where We Are
What We Do
NIDA's Publication Series
Basic Facts and Research Findings
- Mind Over Matter - Drug facts for grades 5-9
- Brain Power - NIDA junior scientist program
- Teaching Packets - Presentation slides