- NIDA Drug Supply Program – Obtain chemicals and research projects that are unavailable or difficult to obtain.
- Nicotine Research Cigarettes Drug Supply Program – Obtain research e-cigarettes for use in NIH-funded human subject studies
- Ordering the Standardized Research E-Cigarette (SREC) – How to order the standardized research e-cigarette.
Databases and Data Sharing
- NIH and NIDA Data Sharing Policies – Policies regarding the sharing of data for NIH- and NIDA-funded studies.
- Technology Transfer – Facilitating the transfer of research and technologies to facilitate further research and development.
- NIDA DataShare – Drug use and addiction research data shared to promote new research.
- Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development Study (ABCD) Data Releases – Data from the largest long-term study of brain development and child health (21 research sites).
- Drug Abuse Treatment Outcomes Study (DATOS) – Information, measures, and data archives for this national study examining the effectiveness of drug abuse treatment.
- Institute of Behavioral Research at Texas Christian University – Information, measures, and data archives for large projects examining the drug use treatment service delivery.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) – A large searchable archive of databases, codebooks, reports, etc., most of it downloadable.
- National Addiction and HIV Data Archive Program (NAHDAP) – A repository of data relevant to drug addiction and HIV research, from the University of Michigan.
- Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study – An ongoing longitudinal cohort study on tobacco use behavior, attitudes and beliefs, and tobacco-related health outcomes.
- University of Kentucky Center for Drug and Alcohol Research – Information, measures, and data archives for large projects examining the drug and alcohol use treatment service deliver
- Alcohol Policy Information System (APIS) – Detailed information on state and federal alcohol-related policies and recreational use of cannabis in the U.S.
- CDC WONDER (Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research) – An online system of CDC resources, such as data sets and published documents.
- Monitoring the Future (MTF) – An ongoing study of the behaviors, attitudes, and values of American secondary school students, college students, and young adults (funded under a grant from NIDA).
- National Drug Early Warning System (NDEWS) – Up-to-date trends on drug use and addiction across the U.S. (funded under a cooperative agreement award from NIDA).
- National Forensic Laboratory Information System – A systematic collection of drug chemistry analysis results from cases analyzed by State, local, and Federal forensic laboratories.
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health (SAMHSA) – An annual survey of use of illegal drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, and tobacco as well as mental disorders, treatment, and co-occurring disorders.
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) – A study measuring six categories of health-related behaviors, including alcohol and other drug use, among youth and adults
Prevention & Treatment Resources
- Community Monitoring Systems: Tracking and Improving the Well-Being of America's Children and Adolescents – Tracks the nature and extent of problems and resources that affect the well-being of youth.
- CTN Dissemination Initiative - A program designed to reduce the gap between the publication of research on treatment of substance use disorders and implementation in clinical practice.
- National Criminal Justice—Drug Abuse Treatment Studies (CJ-DATS) – A multisite research program to improve the treatment of offenders with drug use disorders and integrating criminal justice and public health responses to drug involved offenders.
- NIDAMED: Medical and Health Professionals – Science-based resources for the clinical setting on the causes and consequences of drug use and addiction, and pain management.
- NIDA/SAMHSA Blending Initiative Products - Resources to help dissemination research into clinical practice.
- Preventing Drug Use among Children and Adolescents: A Research-Based Guide for Parents, Educators, and Community Leaders, Second Edition – Prevention principles, an overview of program planning, and critical first steps for those learning about prevention.
- Preventing Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral Disorders Among Young People: Progress and Possibilities – A report by the National Research Council and the Institute of Medicine.
- Genetics Resource Databases – Compilation of genetics resource databases for human and animal studies.
- Genetics Research Resources – A range of information, data, and resources to advance genetic and epigenetic research relevant to addictive behaviors.
Cell Biology & Neuroscience Resources
- Neuroscience Information Framework (NIF) – Offers a port to the largest collection of neuroscience information, a registry of electronic resources, and data sharing services.
- Data Harmonization Projects – Projects developing common measurements for use across studies.
- PhenX Toolkit – Standard measures, with standard protocols and requirements for data collection, for conducting human subject research.
- Treatment Research Institute (TRI) – Includes the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) and Drug Evaluation Network System (DENS), providing information, measures, and data archives from projects examining the drug abuse treatment service delivery.
Financing & Economic Research Resources
- Drug Abuse Treatment Cost Analysis Program (DATCAP) – A battery of cost data collection instruments and interview guides for use in medical treatment and social service settings to estimate the cost of treatment and the client levels, developed by Michael T. French, Ph.D., University of Miami.
- Substance Abuse Services Cost Analysis Program (SASCAPA) – A battery of cost data collection instruments designed to collect service costs and revenue and labor costs across treatments, developed by Gary A. Zarkin, Ph.D., and Laura J. Dunlap, Ph.D., RTI, North Carolina.
- American Statistical Association Summary of Survey Analysis Software – Annotated descriptions of major social survey analysis packages, links to vendors, and reports describing statistical applications used in survey analysis.
- Martindale's Calculators Online – Access to online calculators for conversions and power analyses, and articles and tutorials on statistical analyses.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute (ADAI), University of Washington – Up-to-date archive of links to U.S. alcohol and drug use research centers, as well as government agencies, professional societies, and scholarly journals.
- National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR) – Serving the needs of the health services research community, provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- NIDA Cross-Cutting Research Teams, Workgroups, Interest Groups and Consortia – Networks of researchers who work to advance the field of addiction science.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) – The NIH component leading the field of research on the impact of alcohol use on human health and well-being.