What We Do:
To enhance the pool of underrepresented populations in the sciences, the National Institute on Drug Abuse established the Office of Diversity and Health Disparities (ODHD) 20 years ago. The mission of the ODHD is to strengthen the NIDA extramural research portfolio through a more diverse and robust extramural research workforce, attracting and retaining talented individuals from all backgrounds, and to support research aimed at reducing health disparities in order to fulfill the mission of NIDA.
The ODHD’s goals are to:
- Recruit and retain underrepresented scholars and researchers actively participating in research.
- Enhance the pool of independently funded underrepresented scholars and researchers conducting substance use and addiction research.
- Develop strategies to reduce health disparities and improve the health of vulnerable populations.
What's New from ODHD?
- NIDA has partnered with NIMHD to provide supplemental funding for RCMI pilot research projects led by early-stage investigators (ESIs) conducting substance use, addiction, and related neuroscience research. See NOT-MD-21-022 for details. Supplement applications must be submitted through PA-20-272. Applications are due on June 15th, 2021. The scientific contacts for this funding opportunity are Drs. Angela Holmes (NIDA) and Nadra Tyus (NIMHD).
For general NIDA research training, career development, and other funding opportunities see the following links:
- High School and Undergraduate
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Researchers
- Early-Career Investigator Awards
- Mid-Career Investigator Awards
- Institutional Awards
Office of Diversity and Health Disparities
National Institute on Drug Abuse
3WFN MSC 6027
301 North Stonestreet Ave
Bethesda, MD 20892
For courier deliveries use: Rockville, MD 20850