What We Do:
NIDA's mission is to advance science on the causes and consequences of drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health.
- Strategically supporting and conducting basic and clinical research on drug use (including nicotine), its consequences, and the underlying neurobiological, behavioral, and social mechanisms involved.
- Ensuring the effective translation, implementation, and dissemination of scientific research findings to improve the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and enhance public awareness of addiction as a brain disorder.
- Director's Page
- HIV Research Program (HRP)
- International Program
- Office of Diversity and Health Disparities
- Dr. Nora Volkow - Director
- Dr. Wilson Compton - Deputy Director
- Joellen Austin - Deputy Director for Management
- Jennifer Hobin, Ph.D. - Director, OSPC
- Hilda Schulke - Staff Assistant to the Director
- Ernestine Lenteu - Staff Assistant to NIDA Deputy Director
- Ellie Johnson - Supervisory Staff Assistant
- Marie Lafontant - Staff Assistant to the Associate Director for Management
- Monglan Le - Correspondence Systems Coordinator
National Institute on Drug Abuse
National Institutes of Health
3WFN MSC 6027
301 North Stonestreet Ave
Bethesda, MD 20892
For courier deliveries use: Rockville, MD 20850