- Who We Are: Contact Information and Areas of Responsibility
- What We Do: including “Roles & Responsibilities” from the NIH Grants Policy Statement
- How to Contact Us
- NIDA Just-In-Time
- Prior Approval Requests
|Name||Title||Phone||Areas of Responsibility|
|Pamela Fleming||Chief Grants Management Officer (GMO)||(301) 480-1159||
|Carol Alderson||Deputy Chief GMO||(301) 827-6685||
|Yinka Abu||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6691||
|Amy Bucheimer||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6694||
|Debra Battle-Dudley||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6698||
|Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-4457||
|Edith Davis||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6697||
|Nadia Felix||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-5701||
|Christine Kidd||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6686||
|Cheryl Nathaniel||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6703||
|Jen Schermerhorn||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6704||
|Aida Vasquez||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 480-2154||
|Ericka Wells||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6705||
NIDA’s Grants Management Branch (GMB) provides effective management and stewardship of NIDA's extramural grant funds, and customer service to our NIDA colleagues and grantees.
The Grants Management Officer (GMO) at NIDA is responsible for the business management and other non-programmatic aspects of the award. These include, but are not limited to reviewing grant applications for administrative and budget content and compliance with statutes, regulations, and guidelines; negotiating grants, including the terms and conditions of award, and providing advice and technical assistance to applicants and grantees, and administering the grants. The Grants Management Specialist (GMS) whose name appears in the NoA is an agent of the GMO and is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of grants.
NIDA GMB staff develops, implement, and coordinate NIDA procedures for the management of grants and cooperative agreements. Also, GMB staff prepares recurring and special reports and maintains records relating to grant applications and awards. See more about Grants Management role at NIDA in the NIH Grants Policy Statement "Roles and Responsibilities."
- If you have a currently active NIDA grant, the name and contact information of the Grants Management Specialist assigned to your grant appears on your Notice of Award under “Contacts,” and in the eRA Commons, in “Status.”
- If you have submitted a grant application and have a grants management question, the name and contact information of your grants management specialist in the eRA Commons, in “Status.”
"Just-in-time" refers to information that NIDA requests after an application has been peer reviewed and is within a range of possible funding. Receiving a just-in-time request does not guarantee or indicate in any way whether an applicant will get an award. Details on NIDA's Just-in-time information is found here. This list is not inclusive and NIDA may request additional information on a case-by-case basis. For additional details on Just-in-time, please see NIH Notice NOT-OD-12-101 "Notice of Requirement for Electronic Submission of Just-in-Time Information and Related Business Process Changes Beginning April 20, 2012."
Please see below for the NIDA requirements for these prior approval requests. Also, please see the NIH Grants Policy Statement 8.1 Changes in Project and Budget for information about post-award changes to your NIDA grant.
- Application Instructions for R00 Transition Applications
- Administrative Supplements to Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- Request for Change of Principal Investigator
- Request for Change of Recipient
- Request for Carryover
- Request for Carryover of an Unobligated Balance for a T32 or T90 Award
- Request for No-Cost Extension
- NIH Grants Policy Statement (Nov. 2016) HTML PDF (6MB)
Applies to all NIH grants and cooperative agreements with budget periods beginning on or after October 1, 2016.
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
is the official publication for NIH medical and behavioral research grant policies, guidelines and funding opportunities.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
NIH's home page for eRA, grants policy, NIH-wide initiatives, types of grant programs and more.