What We Do:
Advancing Solutions for Drug Addiction
DESPR is looking for research solutions to these questions:
- What personal environmental influences contribute to substance use patterns?
- How does technology contribute to substance use and addiction?
- How can we get more large systems of care to adopt evidence based interventions?
- How can we promote population neuroscience?
- How can we minimize the risk of addiction to opioid analgesics among people suffering from pain?
- How can we better promote evidence based screening and treatment of HIV related to drug use?
Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
Services Research Branch (SRB)
Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
- Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
- Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
- Services Research Branch (SRB)
- Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
Division Work Groups:
Division of Epidemiology, Services and Prevention Research
National Institute on Drug Abuse
6001 Executive Boulevard
Room 5185, MSC 9589
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-9589
Phone: (301) 443-6504
Fax: (301) 480-2543
Get this Publication
Prevention Edition of NIDA's I-Science Series, "What Matters"
NIDA I-Science video feature: Mackenzie Johnson, CFLE Human Sciences Specialist, Iowa State Univ. Extension and Outreach discusses, What Matters - Fidelity through Education.
NIDA I-Science feature: Kevin Haggerty, MSW PhD Director, Center for Communities That Care discusses, What Matters - Evidence Based Prevention Programs and Strategies.