What We Do:
Advancing Solutions for Drug Addiction
DESPR is looking for research solutions to these questions:
- What personal environmental influences contribute to substance use patterns?
- How does technology contribute to substance use and addiction?
- How can we get more large systems of care to adopt evidence based interventions?
- How can we promote population neuroscience?
- How can we minimize the risk of addiction to opioid analgesics among people suffering from pain?
- How can we better promote evidence based screening and treatment of HIV related to drug use?
Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
- Marsha Lopez, Ph.D. - Branch Chief
Services Research Branch (SRB)
Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
- Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
- Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
- Services Research Branch (SRB)
- Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
Division Work Groups:
Division of Epidemiology, Services and Prevention Research
National Institute on Drug Abuse
6001 Executive Boulevard
Room 5185, MSC 9589
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-9589
Phone: (301) 443-6504
Fax: (301) 480-2543