Keeping you up-to-date on the latest trends related to medical marijuana, use during pregnancy, and statistics about commonly misused drugs. For an overview of commonly used and misused drugs, check out this chart. It includes information about 30 specific types of drugs (e.g., street names, common forms, ways to take them), their possible health effects, and treatment options if they are misused.
If you are looking for materials to share with adults, teens, and parents on marijuana and other drugs, visit the For Your Patients page.
- Tobacco, marijuana, and pregnancy – Read the latest NIDA-funded science on this topic
- Is Marijuana Safe to Use While Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
- Marijuana Use During Pregnancy and Lactation – The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee Opinion
- Medical Marijuana
- Statistics and trends for commonly misused drugs
- Implementing Tobacco Cessation Programs in Substance Use Disorder Treatment Settings – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Substance Use Among the Military, Veterans, and their Families – Explores the scope of substance use among the military, veterans, and their families, and discusses the research underway to better understand issues and identify solutions.
- E-Cigarettes and the brain – Study shows e-cigarettes affect the brain similarly to other nicotine sources, read more about the recent findings.
- Teens and E-cigarettes infographic
- E-Cigarettes Shaped Like USB Flash Drives: Information for Parents, Educators, and Health Care Providers
- E-Cigarettes – Visit this page from the American Academy of Pediatrics for quick facts and resources about E-Cigarettes.