Revised January 2020
January 2020 Meeting
Welcome to the 2020 Genetics and Epigenetics Cross-Cutting Research Team (GECCRT) Meeting! The GECCRT is sponsored by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and has members from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) and the National Institute on Mental Health (NIMH). Our mission is to develop NIDA’s portfolio of genetic and epigenetic research relevant to substance use disorders and addictive behaviors. The GECCRT coordinates our programs to meet strategic mission research objectives, including development of a workforce to meet current and future needs.
Major Goals of the GECCRT:
- Support the discovery of gene variants and epigenetic modification associated with substance abuse and dependence.
- Promote and facilitate the integration of novel genetic/genomic hypotheses, laboratory and statistical methodologies into studies of substance abuse.
- Ensure training opportunities in addiction genetics for students and post-doctoral fellows.
- Support the translation of significant reproducible findings in genetics/genomics research into clinical applications.
Meeting Date and Time
- Monday, January 13th: - 9:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 14th - 8:50 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Check in begins at 8:00 a.m. We will give you a 15-minute window for check-in. Please arrive during your scheduled time to ensure a smooth transition through NIH security.
6001 Executive Blvd.
Rockville, MD 20892
Talks in C, D and E
Posters in A and B
Parking, Directions, Public Transportation, Hotel Information
There is limited paid parking on site. Please click here for Directions and public transportation information. There are several hotels conveniently located near NIDA HQ and can be found using your favorite web browser.
Food and Beverage
Please Note: Per Federal regulations, food and beverages (including coffee) cannot be provided for this meeting. NIDA Headquarters is adjacent to Pike & Rose, which offers several options.
Please download the registration form (PDF, 147KB) and return to NGCmeeting@nida.nih.gov. Registration, which is free, closes at Midnight on January 3, 2020. Registration is necessary to streamline security screening. People who have not pre-registered should plan on long lines through security. All participants must bring a state or federal ID (e.g. drivers license or passport).
Agenda and Meeting Abstracts
Abstracts and Agenda from January 2019 meeting