Where can I get further information about tobacco/nicotine?
To learn more about tobacco, nicotine, and other drugs of use and misuse, visit the NIDA website at www.drugabuse.gov or contact DrugPubs at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
NIDA's website includes:
- Information on drugs of use and misuse and related health consequences
- NIDA publications, news, and events
- Resources for health care professionals, educators, and patients and families
- Information on NIDA research studies and clinical trials
- Funding information (including program announcements and deadlines)
- International activities
- Links to related websites (access to websites of many other organizations in the field)
- Information in Spanish (en español)
NIDA websites and webpages
For physician information
- NIDAMED: drugabuse.gov/nidamed
Information on nicotine/tobacco abuse is also available through the following websites:
Cite this article
NIDA. (2018, January 5). Tobacco, Nicotine, and E-Cigarettes. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/tobacco-nicotine-e-cigarettes
This series of reports simplifies the science of research findings for the educated lay public, legislators, educational groups, and practitioners. The series reports on research findings of national interest.