Where can I get further information about prescription drug misuse?
To learn more about prescription drugs and other drugs, visit the NIDA website at drugabuse.gov or contact the DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
The NIDA's website includes:
- information on drugs and related health consequences
- NIDA publications, news, and events
- resources for health care professionals
- funding information (including program announcements and deadlines)
- international activities
- links to related websites (access to websites of many other organizations in the field)
- information in Spanish (en español)
NIDA websites and webpages
For physician information
- NIDAMED: drugabuse.gov/nidamed
Information about prescription drug misuse is also available through the following websites:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: samhsa.gov
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration: dea.gov
- Monitoring the Future: monitoringthefuture.org
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids: drugfree.org/drug-guide
Cite this article
APA style citation
NIDA (2016). Misuse of Prescription Drugs. Retrieved , from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/misuse-prescription-drugs
This series of reports simplifies the science of research findings for the educated lay public, legislators, educational groups, and practitioners. The series reports on research findings of national interest.