Find the latest science-based information about the health effects and consequences of drug use and addiction and resources for talking with kids about the impact of drug use on health.
Get the Facts
- NIDA for Teens: Facts on Drugs - Offers resources for teens and teen influencers. Get the real facts about how different drugs affect your brain and body.
- Easy-to-Read Drug Facts - Find facts about drug use, addiction, and treatment, with videos. The site can read each page out loud.
- Brain Power - Provides resources for those in grades 5–8.
- College-Age and Young Adult NIDA Resources
- Commonly Abused Drugs Chart
- Commonly Abused Drugs and Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF, 159 KB)
- Empowering Teens: NIDA Toolkit for Out of School Time
- Emerging Trends
- The NIDA Science Fair Award for Addiction Science
- Medical School Resources
- Mind Matters Series - Provides resources for those in grades K–9.
- Preventing Drug Abuse Among Children and Adolescents: A Research-Based Guide for Parents, Educators, and Community Leaders, 2nd Edition
- Safely Dispose of Your Prescription Medicines
- Scientists Answer Teens Most Popular Questions
- Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
- Principles of Drug Abuse Treatment for Criminal Justice Populations
- What To Do If Your Teen or Young Adult Has a Problem With Drugs: Step by Step Guides
- New Data on Vaping and Teen Drug Use (EVERFI's interview with NIDA's Dr. Emily Einstein and Brian Marquis, February 2020)
- Teen Prevention: Prescription Drug Safety & Vaping (EVERFI's interview with NIDA's Dr. Ruben Baler and Brian Marquis, October 2019)
- Keeping Youth Drug Free (SAMHSA)
- Guide to Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults to Vaping (SAMHSA)
- Opioids and Adolescents (Office of Adolescent Health)
- Presentation for Youth - Know the Risks: A Youth Guide to E-cigarettes (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- MEDLINEplus Health Information on Drug Abuse (National Library of Medicine, NIH)
- Healthfinder.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.