Additional Treatment Resources
- For science-based principles of treatment see NIDA’s Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)Treatment Locator or 1-800-662-HELP.
- The “Find a Physician” feature on the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Web site.
- The Patient Referral Program on the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry Web site.
- The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder on the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Web site.
- For clinical trials information, go to www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Other Useful Links
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): www.drugabuse.gov.
- NIDA for Teens: www.teens.drugabuse.gov.
- NIDA's Easy-to-Read Drug Facts: www.easyread.drugabuse.gov.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism: www.niaaa.nih.gov.
- National Institute of Mental Health: www.nimh.nih.gov.
- Faces and Voices of Recovery: www.facesandvoicesofrecovery.org.
- The Partnership at DrugFree.org: www.drugfree.org.
To order NIDA materials, please go to: https://drugpubs.drugabuse.gov.
This publication is available for your use and may be reproduced in its entirety without permission from the NIDA. Citation of the source is appreciated, using the following language: Source: National Institute on Drug Abuse; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Cite this article
APA style citation
NIDA (2013). Seeking Drug Abuse Treatment: Know What To Ask. Retrieved , from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/seeking-drug-abuse-treatment-know-what-to-ask