Additional Treatment Resources
- For science-based principles of treatment see NIDA’s Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)Treatment Locator or 1-800-662-HELP.
- The “Find a Physician” feature on the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Web site.
- The Patient Referral Program on the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry Web site.
- The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder on the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Web site.
- For clinical trials information, go to www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Other Useful Links
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): www.drugabuse.gov.
- NIDA for Teens: www.teens.drugabuse.gov.
- NIDA's Easy-to-Read Drug Facts: www.easyread.drugabuse.gov.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism: www.niaaa.nih.gov.
- National Institute of Mental Health: www.nimh.nih.gov.
- Faces and Voices of Recovery: www.facesandvoicesofrecovery.org.
- The Partnership at DrugFree.org: www.drugfree.org.
To order NIDA materials, please go to: https://drugpubs.drugabuse.gov.
Cite this article
NIDA. (2013, June 1). Seeking Drug Abuse Treatment: Know What To Ask. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/seeking-drug-abuse-treatment-know-what-to-ask
Lesson Plan and Activity Finder
Find information about addiction and mental health services in your area. You can search by state or zip code online or call the number.
SAMHSA’s Knowledge Network
SAMHSA’s Knowledge Network is a comprehensive online resource of behavioral health training, technical assistance, and workforce development for the health care community.