In 2017, approximately 1 in 13 people needed substance use treatment. However, only 12.2% of those people received the substance use treatment they needed.1 Review these research-based guides for helpful information on addiction treatment.
- Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
- Principles of Drug Abuse Treatment for Criminal Justice Populations: A Research-Based Guide
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition)
- SAMHSA/HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions – Find toolkits, guidelines, and resources for treating substance use in integrated care settings.
- Research Report: Therapeutic Communities
More Treatment Resources
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment
- Treatment Materials for Patients
- SAMHSA’s ATTC Network – Learn more about innovative, evidence-based treatment and recovery practices and programs.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2018). Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: Results from the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (HHS Publication No. SMA 18-5068, NSDUH Series H-53). Rockville, MD: Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Retrieved from https://www.samhsa.gov/data/
Get this Publication
Science to Medicine Series
Learn from fellow clinicians on Medication Treatment for OUD and Screening for SU