Because of a lapse in government funding, the information on this website may not be up to date, transactions submitted via the website may not be processed, and the agency may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.
The NIH Clinical Center (the research hospital of NIH) is open. For more details about its operating status, please visit cc.nih.gov.
Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at USA.gov.
Providing access to relevant CME/CE courses on topics related to opioid and substance use disorders and addiction.
- Accredited REMS CMEs – FDA
- Collaborative Care Approaches for Management of OUD – Harvard Medical School Global Academy and NIDA’s Center for the Clinical Trials Network
- Engaging the Nursing Community in the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder – NIDA's Center for Clinical Trial Network
- Identification, Counseling, and Treatment of OUD — Harvard Medical School Global Academy and NIDA’s Center for Clinical Trials Network
- Understanding Addiction – Harvard Medical School Global Academy and NIDA’s Center for Clinical Trials Network
- Providers' Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies: CME Activities – HHS/SAMHSA
- Myths and Misperceptions of Opioids and Cannabis – American Psychiatric Association
- Naloxone Use in the School Setting: The Role of the School Nurse–National Association of School Nurses (NASN) Learning Center
- Opioid Overdose Awareness and Prevention Program: A Model for School Health–National Association of School Nurses (NASN) Learning Center
- Pathways to Safer Opioid Use CME–HHS' Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Opioid and Pain Management CMEs/CEs – NIDA (Expired)
- Providers' Clinical Support System – Core Curriculum for Treating Chronic Pain – HHS/SAMHSA
- AAP’s Acute Pain Management: Changes and Challenges CME – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Safe Opioid Prescribing CMEs – American College of Physicians
- Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing for Chronic Pain – Boston University School of Medicine
- The ASAM Pain and Addiction: Common Threads – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Adolescent Substance Use and Rx Medication Misuse CME/CE – Videos from your peers enhance this course, which aims to help you navigate confidentiality in discussions with your teen patients about their substance use. Features tips and talking points for patients at all risk levels. Developed by a Coalition of Health Care Organizations
- Addressing Adolescent Substance Use: How to Recognize, Screen, and Communicate – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- AAP’s Chronic Pain and the Opioid Crisis – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Addiction Performance Project – NIDA (Expired CME)
- Talking to Patients About Health Risk Behaviors CME/CE – NIDA’s Center for Clinical Trials Network
Get this Publication
NIH Addresses the Opioid Crisis
Videos For Medical and Health Professionals
Find information about addiction and mental health services in your area. You can search by state or zip code online or call the number.
SAMHSA’s Knowledge Network
SAMHSA’s Knowledge Network is a comprehensive online resource of behavioral health training, technical assistance, and workforce development for the health care community.