Because of a lapse in government funding, the information on this website may not be up to date, transactions submitted via the website may not be processed, and the agency may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.
The NIH Clinical Center (the research hospital of NIH) is open. For more details about its operating status, please visit cc.nih.gov.
Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at USA.gov.
Revised November 2014
Before beginning your research, find out about the policies, guidelines, and requirements of the NIH and NIDA as part of your Federally-funded agreement.
- Regulations, Policies, and Guidance
- Guidelines for Developing a Data and Safety Monitoring Plan
- Draft Guidelines for Establishing and Operating a Data and Safety Monitoring Board
- NACDA Guidelines for Administration of Drugs to Human Subjects
- NACDA Guidelines for Substance Abuse Research Involving Children and Adolescents
- More Clinical Trials Information
- NIDA Drug Supply Program