What We Do:
The mission of the Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Program is to promote the conduct, translation, and dissemination of drug abuse research on sex/gender differences and issues specific to women.
NIH Policy on Sex as a Biological Variable in Vertebrate Animal and Human Research
NIDA Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Award for the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD)
- CPDD 2016 Call for Travel Award Applications for Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Award Program (PDF, 295KB)
- CPDD 2015 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees
- CPDD 2014 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees
- CPDD 2013 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees (PDF, 5MB)
CPDD Mini-Program: Focus on Women and Sex/Gender Differences
For the 77th Annual CPDD Scientific Meeting, June 13-18, 2015, Phoenix, Arizona
Related Funding Announcements:
Special Issue of the Journal of Women’s Health entitled “Intimate Partner Violence, Consequences on Women’s Health, and Promising Interventions” - 1/15
The individual articles were published electronically in December 2014, and as a combined special issue collection in January 2015. These articles derive from the successful 2013 Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Research Symposium that was hosted by NIH on behalf of HHS. The Special Issue was guest edited by Samia Noursi, Ph.D. and Lisa Begg, Dr.P.H. It included 7 articles and an introduction. Among these articles an article that focused on identifying and intervening with substance-using women exposed to intimate partner violence: phenomenology, comorbidities, and integrated approaches within primary care and other agency settings.
- The Intimate Partner Violence Screening (IPV) and Counseling Research Symposium - 12/9/13, Rockville, MD
Other Web Sites of Interest:
- Women’s Health Collaborative: Fostering a Sex and Gender Approach to Medical Education and Practice
- 2013 Trans-HHS Intimate Partner Violence Screening and Counseling: Research Symposium
- The NIH Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH)
- The Office on Women's Health (OWH)
- White House Council on Women and Girls (CWG)
- More Web Sites...
Any questions or concerns regarding the Women and Gender Research Group please contact Cora Lee Wetherington, Ph.D. (301) 435-1319 or firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Samia Dawud Noursi, Ph.D. (301) 594-5622.