A Randomized Controlled Evaluation of Buspirone for Relapse-Prevention in Adults with Cocaine Dependence (BRAC)
The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of buspirone, relative to placebo, in preventing relapse in cocaine-dependent adults in inpatient/residential treatment who are planning to enter outpatient treatment upon inpatient/residential discharge. Secondary objectives include evaluating the impact of buspirone, relative to placebo, on other drug-abuse outcomes and on factors that may mediate buspirone's efficacy as a relapse-prevention treatment.
- Maryhaven, Inc., Ohio
- Addiction Medicine Services, Pennsylvania
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Delaware
- Gateway Health Systems, Florida
- Lexington/Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council, South Carolina
- Morris Village Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center, South Carolina
- Nexus Recovery Center, Inc., Texas
Get this Publication
Formed with SAMHSA to reduce the gap between research results and treatment.