Where can I get further information about heroin?
To learn more about heroin and other drugs of abuse, visit the NIDA Web site at www.drugabuse. gov or contact the DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
What’s on the NIDA Web Site
- Information on drugs of abuse and related health consequences
- NIDA publications, news, and events
- Resources for health care professionals
- Funding information (including program announcements and deadlines)
- International activities
- Links to related Web sites (access to Web sites of many other organizations in the field)
NIDA Web Sites
Information on heroin and addiction is also available through these other Web sites:
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction: www.drugabuse.gov/publications/topics-in-brief/medication-assisted-treatment-opioid-addiction
Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction: www.samhsa.gov/samhsaNewsLetter/Volume_17_Number_5/TreatingOpioidAddiction.aspx
This series of reports simplifies the science of research findings for the educated lay public, legislators, educational groups, and practitioners. The series reports on research findings of national interest.
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.