In This Section
Learn the nuts and bolts of applying for grants, contracts, and research training fellowships, and the policies and guidelines for engaging in clinical research.
NIDA Funding Opportunities
- Active NIDA Requests for Applications (RFAs)
- Active NIDA Program Announcements (PAs)
- Active NIDA Requests for Contract Proposals (RFPs)
- International Researchers
- Small Business Funding
- Science Education Grant and Contract Information
- Administrative Supplements to Grants & Cooperative Agreements
NIH Funding Opportunities
- NIH Funding Opportunities for the BRAIN Initiative in FY14
- NIH Office of Extramural Research - NIH's gateway to information on grants and funding
- NIH Extramural Loan Repayment Program
- NIH Common Fund - Specific NIDA research opportunities to support trans-NIH research
- NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research - NIH's cross-cutting areas of research on neuroscience
Supplemental Information for FOAs
Revised November 2014
Before beginning your research, find out about the policies, guidelines, and requirements of the NIH and NIDA as part of your Federally-funded agreement.
- Regulations, Policies, and Guidance
- Guidelines for Developing a Data and Safety Monitoring Plan
- Draft Guidelines for Establishing and Operating a Data and Safety Monitoring Board
- NACDA Guidelines for Administration of Drugs to Human Subjects
- NACDA Guidelines for Substance Abuse Research Involving Children and Adolescents
- More Clinical Trials Information
- NIDA Drug Supply Program
Once a grant has been awarded, there may be forms or reports you may have to submit as part of your federal funding agreement. Learn about protecting participants’ privacy in clinical research and reports required once an invention has been developed.
Locate the appropriate forms and applications for applying to NIH funding opportunities—grants, contracts, and training opportunities—and learn how to submit your competing grant application.
Locate other investigators doing similar or complementary research, access publications, and review details such as project history, abstract, funding levels, research findings, or related clinical studies.
- NIDA Funding Strategy
- NIDA Intramural Research Studies in Baltimore
- NIH RePORTER - Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools - Database of NIH-funded research projects
- Technology Transfer - Establish collaborative relationships with the private sector
Get this Publication
Discusses the importance of quality mentorship in drug abuse research and offers suggestions for creating a successful mentor and mentee relationship.