Information on Substance Abuse and Addiction
- To order NIDA publications, please go to drugpubs.drugabuse.gov
- Information on the Science of Addiction
- Information about particular drugs and their effects on the body
- Easy-to-Read information on Drugs: see easyread.drugabuse.gov
- If you are seeking an interview with a scientist, contact our press office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that NIDA does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, we strongly urge you to contact a qualified physician.
- If you are looking for an addiction specialist you can check with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- If you are seeking a treatment center, please visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator - NIDA does not endorse any specific treatment program.
- If you are a professional and would like to learn about evidence based principles of treatment, or for a general audience about what to ask when seeking treatment.
- If you are seeking information on clinical trials, go to clinicaltrials.gov
Information for School
- For homework help see our Teens site
Information for Parents & Teachers
- See our Parent & Teacher section
Information for Clinicians and Researchers
- Drug abuse screening tools
- Free access to information on drugs from scientific journals: PubMed.gov
- Information on NIDA or NIH grants
- Summaries of NIDA Science in NIDA Notes
Use of Content from this Site
- Text published by NIDA or posted on the NIDA Web site is in the public domain. If you re-post or re-print, please cite NIDA as the resource. If translating into a different language, please cite NIDA as the resource, but also state the name of the person or organization that provided translation.
- Help citing our web pages
- If you want to use images posted on the NIDA Web site, please check with the NIDA Webmaster to determine if photo rights are available.
Still Have Questions for Our Staff?
- Complete our Contact NIDA Form and we will try to help.
Gettting to NIDA
- Directions to NIDA Headquarters, Rockville, MD
- Directions to NIDA's Intramural Research Program (IRP), Baltimore, MD.
Subscribe to our "What's New at NIDA" newsletter at:
Technical questions about the Web site?
For Mail inquiries regarding NIDA:
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Office of Science Policy and Communications, Public Information and Liaison Branch
6001 Executive Boulevard
Room 5213, MSC 9561
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-9561
For phone Inquiries: