Current and former NIDA Hubert H. Humphrey Drug Abuse Research Fellows report new professional accomplishments:
- 2016–2017 NIDA Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow María Elisa Cabrera is now the coordinator of the Evaluation and Monitoring Area of the National Secretary of Drugs of Uruguay. She will conduct an economic evaluation of Uruguay's new cannabis regulations, which she designed during her fellowship.
- The 2017–2018 NIDA Hubert H. Humphrey Drug Fellows celebrated the end of their fellowships with a graduation ceremony at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) on April 28, 2018. NIDA International Program Fellowship Administrator Lisa Jordre attended the ceremony.
- 2017–2018 NIDA Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow Tram Tran Andrews has been accepted as a designated visiting scholar in the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- 2017–2018 NIDA Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow Zaira Zambelli Taveira participated in the 17th Annual Session for the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, April 16–19, 2018. She also asked a question of former U.S. President Jimmy Carter during the Emory University Rollins School of Public Health Global Development and Social Justice Conference.
- 2017–2018 NIDA Hubert H. Humphrey Fellows met with Virginia Governor Ralph Northam on March 8, 2018.