Revised August 2015
Get Your Student Loans Paid!
There is still time to apply to the NIH Loan Repayment Programs – the application cycle is open until November 16, 2015. Don’t miss your chance to have up to $35,000 of student loan debt eliminated per year.
There are five extramural LRPs:
- Clinical – patient-oriented research conducted with human subjects;
- Pediatric – research that is directly related to diseases, disorders, and other conditions in children;
- Health Disparities – research that focuses on minority health or other health disparity issue;
- Contraception and Infertility – research on conceiving and bearing young;
- Clinical Research for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds – an LRP eligible to those who demonstrate financial need.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and have an M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D., Psy.D., D.O., D.D.S., D.M.D., D.P.M., D.C., N.D., O.D., D.V.M., or an equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited institution. Research has to be supported by a domestic, nonprofit institution or U.S. Government entity (Federal, state, or local), and applicants must spend at least 20 hours per week conducting research.
How to Apply
Applicants may apply online at www.lrp.nih.gov through November 16, 2015. The LRP Information Center is open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST at 866-849-4047 or questions can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review: Tips for Completing a Competitive Application (PDF, 233 KB) and/or contact an NIH Program Official at: Representative of an NIH Institute or Center. (http://www.lrp.nih.gov/contact_us/contact_list.aspx)
- Cathrine Sasek, Ph.D.
Get this Publication
Search for Funding
Discusses the importance of quality mentorship in drug abuse research and offers suggestions for creating a successful mentor and mentee relationship.