Revised December 2019
This position serves as a Chief in the Public Information and Liaison Branch (PILB), and reports to the Director, Office of Science Policy and Communications (OSPC), National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). As a Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist, you will provide authoritative and expert advice to senior Institute staff and executives and makes significant contributions to the development and execution of communication and outreach strategies and activities at NIDA.
- Collaborate with researchers and medical professional to interpret the results of research and other technical information for presentation to the public.
- Identify information gaps/needs and communication opportunities in support of nationwide publication projects.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of communication plans to identify possible improvements and solutions to potential problems.
- Manage a public relations program for a research organization.
- Oversee artistic and technical design and implementation of research dissemination strategy for an organization.
- Plan, assign and review work of staff, sets priorities, deadlines, and goals to align with Institute and leadership directions.
- DE Application (outside government applicants)– (NIH-NIDA-DE-20-10644437) - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552580300
- MP Application (inside government applicants and applicants with reinstatement eligibility) - NIH-NIDA-MP-20-10652128 - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552581000
Get this Publication
Addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.