Where Can I Get Further Information About Tobacco/Nicotine?
To learn more about tobacco/nicotine and other drugs of abuse, visit the NIDA Web site at www.drugabuse.gov or contact the DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
What's New on the NIDA Web Site
- Information on drugs of abuse and related health consequences
- NIDA publications, news, and events
- Resources for health care professionals
- Funding information (including program announcements and deadlines)
- International activities
- Links to related Web sites (access to Web sites of many other organizations in the field)
NIDA Web Pages
Other Web Sites
Information on tobacco addiction is also available through these other Web sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/tobacco
- National Cancer Institute: www.cancer.gov
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: www.smokefree.gov
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Health Information Network: www.samhsa.gov/shin
- Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco: www.srnt.org/
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: www.rwjf.org
- Join Together Online:
- American Legacy Foundation: www.americanlegacy.org
This series of reports simplifies the science of research findings for the educated lay public, legislators, educational groups, and practitioners. The series reports on research findings of national interest.