Where Can I Get Further Information About Therapeutic Communities?
To learn more about therapeutic communities (TCs) and other methods of drug abuse treatment, visit the NIDA website at www.drugabuse.gov or contact the DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
NIDA's website includes:
- Information on drugs of abuse and related health consequences
- NIDA publications, news, and events
- Resources for health care professionals, educators, and patients and families
- Information on NIDA research studies and clinical trials
- Funding information (including program announcements and deadlines)
- International activities
- Links to related websites (access to websites of many other organizations in the field)
- Information in Spanish (en español)
NIDA websites and webpages
For physician information
- NIDAMED: www.drugabuse.gov/nidamed
Information on TCs is also available through the following:
- The Therapeutic Community (3-video set) by George De Leon: The Therapeutic Community Perspective, Community as Method, and Components of a Generic Therapeutic Community
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, TC Training Curriculum
- Treatment Communities of America (TCA)
Cite this article
APA style citation
NIDA (2015). Therapeutic Communities. Retrieved , from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/therapeutic-communities
This series of reports simplifies the science of research findings for the educated lay public, legislators, educational groups, and practitioners. The series reports on research findings of national interest.