Where can I get further information about marijuana?
To learn more about marijuana and other drugs of abuse, visit the NIDA website at www.drugabuse.gov or contact the DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
NIDA's website includes:
- Information on drugs of abuse and related health consequences
- NIDA publications, news, and events
- Resources for health care professionals, educators, and patients and families
- Information on NIDA research studies and clinical trials
- Funding information (including program announcements and deadlines)
- International activities
- Links to related websites (access to websites of many other organizations in the field)
- Information in Spanish (en español)
NIDA websites and webpages
For physician information
- NIDAMED: www.drugabuse.gov/nidamed
Information on marijuana is also available through the
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: www.samhsa.gov
- Drug Enforcement Administration: www.dea.gov
- Monitoring the Future: www.monitoringthefuture.org/
- The Partnership at Drug Free.org: www.drugfree.org/drug-guide
This series of reports simplifies the science of research findings for the educated lay public, legislators, educational groups, and practitioners. The series reports on research findings of national interest.