As students complete the activities in the module, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Can students explain the effects of heroin on the brain? Can they explain how these changes can result in addiction?
- Can students explain the effects of cocaine in the brain? Can they explain how these changes can result in addiction?
- Do students understand the connection between withdrawal symptoms and how the brain changes from the use of heroin and cocaine?
- Do students understand the differences between the effects of each of these drugs on the body?
- Did students participate in class activities and discussion? Did they engage in the topics?
Cite this article
APA style citation
NIDA (2092). Brain Power: Grades 6-9. Retrieved , from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/brain-power-grades-6-9