As students complete the activities in the module, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Do students realize the importance of taking prescription medications only under a doctor’s guidance? Do they understand the effects that prescription drugs can have on the brain and body when taken improperly?
- Do students understand the various types of prescription medications and why they are prescribed? Do they understand the possible consequences of Ritalin use for someone who doesn’t have ADHD?
- Can students explain the consequences of prescription drug use in combination with other drugs, such as alcohol, antihistamines, or other over-the-counter medications?
- Can students list some withdrawal symptoms of inhalants? Do they understand the connection between these symptoms and how the brain changes from the use of inhalants?
- Do students understand the short- and long-term effects of inhalants on the brain and body? Do they realize the impact of these symptoms on brain functioning?
Cite this article
APA style citation
NIDA (2092). Brain Power: Grades 6-9. Retrieved , from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/brain-power-grades-6-9