The lists below include resources for teachers and students.
Resources for Teachers
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
This Web site contains information about drug abuse as well as a section designed specifically for parents, teachers, and students.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): Mind Over Matter
This Web site was developed to educate children about the biological effects of drug abuse on the body and brain.
- NIDA DrugPubs
drugpubs.drugabuse.gov , 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644)
Drug Pubs is NIDA’s research dissemination center. Visitors can order hard copies of NIDA's publications or download electronic versions in multiple formats.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)
NCADI provides information and materials on substance abuse. Many free publications are available here.
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC)
This Web site provides useful information and products to improve mathematics and science teaching and learning.
Resources for Students
- Friedman, D. Focus on Drugs and the Brain. Frederick, MD: Twenty-First Century Books, 1990. Part of the "Drug-Alert Book" series, gives a good overview of the brain, neurotransmission, the effects of drugs on the brain, and addiction.
- Neuhaus, D. & DeStefano, S. Focus on Medicines. Frederick, MD: Twenty-First Century Books, 1990. Part of the "Drug-Alert Book" series. Gives a good overview of medicines and how various medicines work with the body and brain to help heal.
- Perry, R. & Nehaus, D. Focus on Nicotine and Caffeine. Frederick, MD: Twenty-First Century Books,1990. Part of the “Drug-Alert Book” series. Gives a good overview of nicotine and caffeine and how each of these drugs affect the body and brain.
- Neuroscience for Kids
Contains information on the brain and neurotransmission, activities, experiments, pictures, and other resources for students and educators.