The lists below include resources for teachers and students.
Resources for Teachers
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
This Web site contains information about drug abuse and a section designed specifically for parents, teachers, and students.
- NIDA DrugPubs
drugpubs.drugabuse.gov , 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644)
Drug Pubs is NIDA’s research dissemination center. Visitors can order hard copies of NIDA publications or download electronic versions in multiple formats.
- Sara’s Quest
This site from NIDA contains a multiple choice game on a variety of drug related categories.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)
NCADI provides information and materials on substance abuse. Many free publications are available here.
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC)
This Web site provides useful information and products to improve mathematics and science teaching and learning.
- Bellenir, K., ed. Drug Abuse Sourcebook. Health Reference Series, Vol. 14. Omnigraphics, Inc., 2010. Basic health-related information about the abuse of legal and illegal substances such as alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and cocaine.
- Greenfield, S. A. The Human Brain: A Guided Tour. New York: Basic Books, 1998. Written for a lay audience, provides a holistic view of the brain as an integral part of the body; part of the Science Masters Series.
Resources for Students
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)—Mind Over Matter
Series developed to educate children about the effects of drug abuse on the body and the brain.
- Friedman, D., & Neuhaus, D. Focus on Drugs and the Brain. Frederick, MD: Twenty-First Century Books, 1990. Part of the “Drug-Alert Book” series. Describes the function of the brain and nervous system and how drugs affect the body.
- Neuroscience for Kids
Explores the brain and spinal cord; lists the effects of drugs on the brain and nervous system.
Cite this article
APA style citation
NIDA (2012). Brain Power: Grades 2-3. Retrieved , from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/brain-power-grades-2-3