Revised May 2015
Collaborating to prevent and address adolescent substance use
NIDA has partnered with six medical professional organizations and expert consultants to develop and launch a continuing medical education/continuing education (CME/CE) program to help train health care clinicians on best practices for addressing substance use disorder with their adolescent patients.
The Coalition comprises the medical professional organizations and expert consultants listed below. Please check this Web page for further updates.
Medical Professional Organizations
- Dan Alford, MD - Associate Professor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine and Medical Director for the Massachusetts SBIRT program
- Jeff Baxter, MD - Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Marc Fishman, MD - Board certified in addiction psychiatry and addiction medicine
- Carol Havens, MD - Director, Clinical Education, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Northern California Region, and Chemical Dependency and Recovery Program physician, Kaiser Permanente, Sacramento
- Sharon Levy, MD, MPH - Director, Adolescent Substance Abuse Program (ASAP)Assistant Professor in Pediatrics, Boston Children's Hospital