In collaboration with The Addiction Medicine Foundation, NIDAMED has created this page as a toolkit of information, resources, and trainings sourced from the NIDAMED website. Designed as an introduction for new ADM fellows before entering their fellowship programs, these resources can help prepare fellows on their journey to becoming ADM-certified.
Read up on the following topics:
Learn about the top 15+ commonly used/misused drugs, their street and clinical names, their effects on the body, trends, stats, and more.
Review now, and bookmark these pages for later use in your practice:
- Patient Resources
- Drug Screening and Assessment Resources
- Discipline Spotlight: Addiction Medicine Specialists
- Science to Medicine: Review the latest science followed by considerations from a variety of practice settings and clinician types. Topics include screening for substance use and medication treatment for opioid use disorder.
- NIDA Notes: Stay up-to-date with the latest addiction research and advances in the field.
NIDAMED offers CMEs on topics including:
- General Unhealthy Substance Use
- Opioids (General)
- Opioid Overdose
- Opioid Rx & Pain
The NIDAMED curriculum resources double as valuable educational tools for practicing clinicians, featuring topics on general substance use, adolescent substance use, Rx medication misuse, and more. From the Centers of Excellence in Pain Education, NIDAMED also offers Pain Education Interactive Modules.
The NIDAMED videos on this page offer expert insights on:
- Treatment medications used with opioid-dependent pregnant women & the effects on their infants (Dr. Hendree Jones)
- The importance of screening patients (Dr. Nora Volkow)
- Patient-clinician simulated scenarios involving opioid prescribing/ pain
- Patient thoughts for providers on recovery (featuring real patients)
Get this Publication
Addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.