October 08, 2015
Society for Neuroscience satellite meeting explores innovative brain science, including the brain structure-function relationships in human development, developmental consequences of drug and alcohol exposure and the genetic/risk factors of addiction
What: The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), part of the National Institutes of Health, will host a one-day mini-convention, a satellite event of the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting. NIDA and NIAAA grantees will present on the neurobiological and behavioral consequences of drug and alcohol use during development.
Why: To bring together scientists from around the world to explore the latest research in the field of addiction neuroscience.
When: Friday, October 16, 2015
8 a.m. – 6 p.m. CDT
Where: McCormick Place Convention Center, N230
2301 S. Lake Shore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60616
- Brain Development, Structure, and Behavior – an overview of the development of the brain and the corresponding development of behavior
- Genetics, Neurocognition and Behavioral Phenotypes – an exploration of the genetics of human thought, behaviors and psychiatric disorders
- Molecular, Cellular and Behavioral Underpinnings of Substance Use Disorder Vulnerability – the neurobiological, psychological and social processes that cause vulnerability and the development of substance abuse and addiction in adolescence
- NIDA-NIAAA Early Career Investigator Showcase – an opportunity for early career investigators to discuss their research findings and interests with NIDA and NIAAA staff, training directors, and other drug abuse researchers
- Keynote Presentation of the 2015 Society for Neuroscience Jacob P. Waletzky Memorial Award Winner – keynote speech from this year’s scientist recognized by NIDA and NIAAA for innovative research on substance use or addiction. Past-year awardees can be found here: http://www.sfn.org/Awards-and-Funding/Individual-Prizes-and-Fellowships/Outstanding-Research-and-Career-Awards/Jacob-P-Waletzky-Award#tabs-3
For more information on the NIDA Mini-Convention, go to http://apps1.seiservices.com/nida-niaaa/frontiers2015/Agenda.aspx. For more information on the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, please visit http://www.sfn.org/Annual-Meeting/Neuroscience-2015.
Get this Publication
Cite this article
APA style citation
National Institute on Drug Abuse. NIDA-NIAAA Mini-Convention: Frontiers in Addiction Research Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/news-events/news-releases/2015/10/nida-niaaa-mini-convention-frontiers-in-addiction-research