Message from the Office of Science Policy and Communications Director Dr. Jack Stein
See More ⇒
NIDA in the News
- "Study: Smokers may tap into multiple sources for nicotine"
Associated Press, By Lauran Neergaard, February 26, 2015
- "Patients With Substance Abuse History Are More Likely To Misuse Therapeutic Opioids, Study Finds"
Forbes, By CJ Arlotta, February 25, 2015
- "New brain-imaging approach could help smokers quit"
Philly.com, By Stacey Burling, February 03, 2015
- "A new drug war"
Science Magazine, By Emily Underwood, January 30, 2015
- "Dying To Be Free"
HuffPost, By Jason Cherkis, January 28, 2015
- "Teens, communities, and scientific experts team up for National Drug Facts WeekExternal link, please review our disclaimer."
The Boston Globe, January 26, 2015
- "Smoking, drinking, prescription drug abuse by teens is down, survey says 4:20"
CNN, By Jen Christensen and Debra Goldschmidt, December 16, 2014
See More ⇒
- Notice of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Participation in PAR-15-070 "Assay Development and Therapeutic Agent Identification and Characterization to Support Therapeutic Discovery (R21/R33)"
- Notice of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Participation in PAR-15-071 "Pharmacodynamics and In vivo Efficacy Studies for Small Molecules and Biologics/Biotechnology Products (R21/R33)"
- Notice of Correction to the Pre-Application Technical Assistance Webinar for the Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD) Longitudinal Study Funding Opportunity Announcements Announced in NOT-DA-15-047
- Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Advancing Biomedical Science Using Crowdsourcing and Interactive Digital Media (UH2)
- Advancing Translational and Clinical Probiotic/Prebiotic and Human Microbiome Research (R01)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Sustaining Biomedical Data Repositories
- BRAIN Initiative: Optimization of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (R44)
- Notice of Change of Expiration Date for PAR-14-010 "Identification of Gene Variants for Addiction Related Traits by Next-Gen Sequencing in Model Organisms Selectively Bred for Addiction Traits (UH2/UH3)"
- Notice of Pre-Application Technical Assistance Webinar for RFA-DA-15-014 ABCD Study - Coordinating Center (U24), RFA-DA-15-015ABCD Study - Research Project Sites (U01), RFA-DA-15-016 ABCD Study - Data Analysis and Informatics Center (U24)
- Advancing Exceptional Research on HIV/AIDS and Substance Abuse (R01)
- NIDA Mentored Clinical Scientists Development Program Award in Drug Abuse and Addiction (K12)
- Identification of Genetic and Genomic Variants by Next-Gen in Sequencing Non-human Animal Models (U01)
- NIDA Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) (R41, R42, R43 and R44) Notice: Programmatic Priorities
- Brain Initiative: New Concepts and Early-Stage Research for Large-Scale Recording and Modulation in the Nervous System (R21)
- Innovations in Measuring and Managing Addiction Treatment Quality Challenge Prize Competition
- Reductions in Illicit Drug Use and Functional Outcomes (R21/R33)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice: Clinical Research Coordinating Center for NIDAs Clinical Trials Network
- NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Development of Medication to Treat Substance Use Disorders (UH2/UH3)
- NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Enhancing Diversity in Biomedical Data Science (R25)
- BRAIN Initiative: Development, Optimization, and Validation of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (STTR) (R41/R42)
- BRAIN Initiative: Development, Optimization, and Validation of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (SBIR) (R43/R44)
- Notice of an Extension of Expiration Date for PA-12-040 "International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research (R01)"
- Notice of an Extension of Expiration Date for PA-12-041 "International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research (R21)"
- Notice of an Extension of Expiration Date for PA-12-042 "International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research (R03)"
- Notice of Clarification for PA-11-311 "Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R01)
- Notice of Clarification for PA-11-313 "Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R03)"
- Notice of Clarification for PA-11-312 "Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R21)"
- Integration of Infectious Diseases and Substance Abuse Intervention Services for Individuals Living with HIV (R01)
- Seek, Test, Treat and Retain For Youth and Young Adults Living with or at High Risk for Acquiring HIV (R01)
- Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R21)
- Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R03)
- Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R01)
- NIH Pathway to Independence Award (Parent K99/R00)
- Cutting-Edge Basic Research Awards (CEBRA) (R21)
- Predictive Multiscale Models for Biomedical, Biological, Behavioral, Environmental and Clinical Research (U01)
- Administrative Supplements for Research on Sex/Gender Differences (Admin Supp)
See More ⇒
National Advisory Council on Drug Abuse (NACDA)
Next council meeting: 5/5 & 5/6/2015 @ Neuroscience Center, Conference Rooms C and D
See More ⇒