Revised January 2019
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), Office of Diversity and Health Disparities (ODHD) is currently recruiting a Health Science Administrator (HSA) to manage the NIDA Diversity Supplement Program, provide drug abuse and addiction related scientific direction as well as technical feedback to prospective applicants across several ODHD programs, and support the overall mission and goals of the ODHD to enhance diversity in the NIDA extramural biomedical workforce.
- Serve as the NIDA scientific and programmatic lead for the management, direction, and execution of the NIDA Diversity Supplement program as well as the Diversity Supplement Professional Development Workshop.
- Oversee program operations and budget, including program planning, evaluation, and reporting; lead the NIDA Diversity Consortium; and work closely with the Project Officers on review and evaluation.
- Provide drug abuse and addiction related scientific direction as well as technical feedback to prospective applicant on research proposals, grant applications, and other NIDA ODHD programs
- Serve as Contracting Officer Representative for Office contracts
- Develop new funding and programmatic opportunities where needed
- Collaborate with other members of the ODHD, NIDA, and the NIH on other programs, activities, and diversity initiatives.
- Communicate with current grantees, members of the scientific community, NIDA and NIH staff, professional societies, and the public regarding ODHD and NIDA diversity opportunities
- The ideal candidate will possess a Ph.D., or equivalent and demonstrate successful experience and proven track record of managing diversity or other training programs.
- Scientific knowledge in the area, including but not limited to, drug abuse and addiction, neuroscience; health disparities research; neurocognition, substance use; mental health; and epidemiology.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate program progress and reporting.
- Exceptional communication (with both scientific and lay audiences), problem-solving, negotiation, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience; excellent benefits are offered. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
We are hoping to fill this position through the NIH global vacancy announcement and anticipate that the Health Scientist Administrator opportunity will be posted on January 22nd and will remain open until January 31st. Additional information can also be found on the NIH Jobs page: http://jobs.nih.gov/globalrecruitment. Anyone interested in the position should contact Dr. Albert Avila (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Director, ODHD.
- GS-12/13/14 HSA (PO and SRO) Delegated Examining
- GS-15 HSA (PO) Delegated Examining
- GS-15 Supervisory HSA (PO and SRO) Delegated Examining
Get this Publication
Addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.