Revised November 2018
The purpose of this blog is to discuss the science of addiction and drug use and the work we are doing at NIDA. I welcome your comments and ideas.
Where commenting is supported on this or any other Websites owned or administered by NIDA, we encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed. We review and post comments according to the policy below. We reserve the right not to post comments, or to remove comments, that are inconsistent with our policy, at our complete discretion.
The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or the Federal Government.
Comments that include the following are prohibited:
- Vulgar, profane, or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; inappropriate religious, sexual, political, or racial references; unsupported accusations.
- Endorsements of commercial products, services, organizations, or other entities.
- Misleading or false information.
- Spam or undecipherable language.
- Comments that are off-topic or excessively lengthy.
- Repeated posting of identical or very similar content.
- Content that infringes on copyrights.
- Links to external sites.
- Images or videos.
- Solicitation of funds.
- Procurement-sensitive information related to any current/future NIDA acquisitions.
- Surveys, polls, questionnaires, etc., subject to OMB Paperwork Reduction Act clearance.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Sensitive Information (SI).
We ask that your comments be respectful and relevant to the specific topic. We welcome your comments at any time. However, given the need to responsibly manage federal resources, reviewing and posting of comments will generally occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted at other times will be reviewed and posted as soon as possible.
In posting your comments or other work to Websites owned or administered by NIDA, you irrevocably grant NIDA permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform your work publicly and free-of-charge.
Remember that your posts are public. When posting, please do not include information (e.g., name, email, social security numbers) in the text of your comment that personally identifies you in a way you do not intend. Additional guidance as to how NIDA regards privacy issues can be found at our Privacy Notice.
All media inquiries should be directed to the NIDA Press Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a federal scientific research agency, we cannot support or promote commercial products, projects, or enterprises. We only accept guest blog posts from people or groups with whom we have a substantial partnership, such as other federal agencies, non-profit groups, and researchers who receive federal funding.
Get this Publication
Cite this article
NIDA. (2018, November 5). Comment & Guest Blog Policies. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/noras-blog/comments-policy
Dr. Nora Volkow: Remarks and Video Highlights
- Marijuana as a Cure for Opioid Use? Nation's Top Drug Scientist Says She's Skeptical, March 2019
- Meet the Woman Leading the Nation's War on Addiction, October 2018
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2018: Shining Light on Less Visible Prescription Drug Epidemics, June 2018
- Dr. Nora Volkow on Addiction: A Disease of Free Will, May 2015
TEDMED, January 2015
Why do our brains get addicted?
The World Science Festival, April 2014
The Moth: The Brain's Addiction - Nora Volkow
CBS 60 Minutes, April 2012
Hooked: Why Bad Habits Are Hard to Break