Revised December 2014
The purpose of this blog is to discuss the science of addiction and drug abuse and the work we are doing at NIDA. I welcome your comments and ideas.
Comments are reviewed before posting. Debate and disagreement are welcome, but mutual respect and politeness must be maintained. Comments that are off-topic, uncivil, promoting a product, or promoting drug use will not be posted. Multiple comments that repeat the same point may not be posted. Because comments are moderated, there may be a delay before comments appear on the site. Posts will be open for comments for 60 days.
Comments will not be posted if they:
- Contain vulgar language, personal insults, or offensive comments about others (based on ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, or any other personal attacks).
- Promote any services or products, are clearly off topic, or make unsupported assertions or accusations. Comments that include a link or URL to a personal or commercial Web site will not be posted.
- Voice support for drug use or any illegal activity.
- Include personal identifying information like phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
Get this Publication
Dr. Nora Volkow: Video Highlights
- TEDMED 2014
Why do our brains get addicted?
- CBS 60 Minutes
Hooked: Why Bad Habits Are Hard to Break
- Brookhaven National Laboratory WBNL Video
Chemistry celebration: FDG: Contribution to Our Understanding of Addiction
- Rockburn Presents
Dr. Nora Volkow
- Science Times
Dr. Nora Volkow
- The World Science Festival
Meet Pioneer in Science, Dr. Nora Volkow