Revised December 2014
The purpose of this blog is to discuss the science of addiction and drug abuse and the work we are doing at NIDA. I welcome your comments and ideas.
Comments are reviewed before posting. Debate and disagreement are welcome, but mutual respect and politeness must be maintained. Comments that are off-topic, uncivil, promoting a product, or promoting drug use will not be posted. Multiple comments that repeat the same point may not be posted. Because comments are moderated, there may be a delay before comments appear on the site. Posts will be open for comments for 60 days.
Comments will not be posted if they:
- Contain vulgar language, personal insults, or offensive comments about others (based on ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, or any other personal attacks).
- Promote any services or products, are clearly off topic, or make unsupported assertions or accusations. Comments that include a link or URL to a personal or commercial Web site will not be posted.
- Voice support for drug use or any illegal activity.
- Include personal identifying information like phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
Get this Publication
Dr. Nora Volkow: Video Highlights
- APA TV, May 2016
APA TV chats with Dr. Nora Volkow, the Director of NIDA to hear about her lecture on drug abuse and the opioid epidemic.
- Kentucky Educational Television, May 2016
One to One with Bill Goodman: Dr. Nora Volkow
- TEDMED, January 2015
Why do our brains get addicted?
- The World Science Festival, May 2013
Meet Pioneer in Science, Dr. Nora Volkow
- Rockburn Presents, November 2012
Dr. Nora Volkow
- Brookhaven National Laboratory WBNL Video, October 2012
Chemistry celebration: FDG: Contribution to Our Understanding of Addiction
- CBS 60 Minutes, April 2012
Hooked: Why Bad Habits Are Hard to Break
- Science Times, June 2011
Dr. Nora Volkow