Revised May 2012
- Entrez Nucleotides - search nucleotide sequence records
- GenBank - a database of nucleotide sequences from >130,000 organisms
- RefSeq - NCBI database of Reference Sequence
- Third Party Annotation (TPA) database - a database of re-annotations/re-assemblies of sequences already present in DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank
- dbEST - database of expressed sequence tags
- dbGSS - database of genome survey sequences
- dbSNP - database of single nucleotide polymorphisms
- dbSTS - database of sequence tagged sites
- UniGene - ESTs and full-length mRNA sequences organized into clusters that each represent a unique known or putative gene
- HomoloGene - a gene homology tool that compares nucleotide sequences between pairs of organisms in order to identify putative orthologs
- Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC) - seeks to identify and sequence a representative full open reading frame (FL-ORF) clone for each human, mouse, and rat gene.
- Trace Archive - a repository of the raw sequence traces generated by large sequencing projects
- UniVec - a database that can be used to quickly identify segments within nucleic acid sequences which may be of vector origin.
- DNA Data Bank of Japan (DDBJ - DDBJ is the sole DNA data bank in Japan , which is officially certified to collect DNA sequences from researchers and to issue the internationally recognized accession number to data submitters
- EMBL Nucleotide Database - Europe's primary collection of nucleotide sequences is maintained in collaboration with Genbank ( USA ) and DDBJ ( Japan )
- Ensembl - Providing up to date completed metazoic genomes and the best possible automatic annotation.
- EMBL-Align database - EMBL-Align multiple sequence alignment database.
- EMBL-Bank - The EMBL-Bank also known as the EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database constitutes Europe 's primary nucleotide sequence resource.
- Genomes Server - An overview of completed genomes at the EBI.
- IMGT - IMGT is an immunogenetics resource that includes the IMGT/HLA database of the human MHC complex, the LIGM database of immunoglobulins and T-cell receptors, and other databases.
- IPD - The Immuno Polymorphism Database (IPD), includes polymorphic genes of the immune system, like KIR, HPA and the non-human MHC.
- Parasites - Parasite Genome databases.
- CGAP - Cancer Genome Anatomy Project - interdisciplinary program to identify the human genes expressed in different cancerous states, based on cDNA (EST) libraries, and to determine the molecular profiles of normal, precancerous, and malignant cells.
Get this Publication
Outlines NIDA’s drug abuse and addiction research strategic priorities for the next 5 years, focusing on prevention, treatment, HIV/AIDS, and other cross-cutting issues.