Where can I get more scientific information on marijuana abuse?
To learn more about marijuana and other drugs of abuse, or to order materials on these topics free of charge in English or Spanish, visit the NIDA Web site at www.drugabuse.gov or contact the DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center at 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228).
What's on the NIDA Web Site
- Information on Drugs of Abuse and Related Health Consequences
- NIDA Publications, News, and Events
- Resources for Health Care Professionals
- Funding Information
- International Activities
- Links to related Web sites (access to Web sites of many other organizations in the field)
NIDA Web Sites
- NIDA Home Page: http://www.drugabuse.gov
- NIDA Drug Facts: http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/term/160/DrugFacts
- Easy-to-Read Drug Facts: http://easyread.drugabuse.gov
- NIDA/SAMHSA Blending Initiative: http://www.drugabuse.gov/blending-initiative
For Physician Information
Other Web Sites
Information on marijuana abuse is also available through the following Web site:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Health Information Network: www.store.samhsa.gov
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.