- Videotape and VCR, or online video
- Large sheets of paper
- Pencils and markers
- Outline of the brain (PDF, 66KB)
- Magazines and other sources of pictures
- Limbic System Trading Cards, black and white (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Preview the videotape to familiarize yourself with the activity.
- Make enough copies of the Outline of the brain (PDF, 66KB) found at the back of the Teacher’s Guide so that each student has his or her own copy.
- Collect magazines, newspapers, and other sources of pictures showing examples of the different functions of the brain (sleeping, talking, playing ball, and so forth).
- Make copies of the black-and-white trading cards (PDF, 2.3MB) found at the back of the Module 3 Teacher’s Guide so that each student has a copy of each card.