- Paper and markers
- DVD and DVD player
- Computer with Internet access
- Brain Instruction and Fact Sheets (PDF, 142KB)
- Review the Background material about the parts of the brain and the tools used to study the brain.
- Preview the DVD before starting the activity. Decide which sections you want to use with the class.
- Use the Brain Instruction Sheet to make an overhead transparency of the brain.
- Make enough copies of the Brain Instruction and Brain Fact Sheets (PDF, 142KB) for each student in the class.
Cite this article
APA style citation
National Institute on Drug Abuse (2012). Materials/Preparation. In Grades 4-5. Retrieved from http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/grades-4-5/your-amazing-brain-module-2/materialspreparation