The lists below include resources for teachers and students.
Resources for Teachers
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
This Web site contains information about drug abuse and a section designed specifically for parents, teachers, and students.
- NIDA DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center
drugpubs.drugabuse.gov , 877-NIDA-NIH (877-643-2644; TTY/TDD: 240-645-0228)
Order our materials free of charge in English or Spanish.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)
NCADI is operated by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Many free publications are available here.
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC)
This Web site provides useful information and products to improve mathematics and science teaching and learning.
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
Provides resources and information for science teachers.
Resources for Students
- Want to be a Scientist?
This site describes careers of scientists and presents an opportunity to email
scientists and ask them questions.
- Lehn, B. What is A Scientist? Brookfield, CT: Millbrook Press, 1999.
This book explains what it is to be a scientist by including pictures of children as scientists in the classroom doing scientific experiments and having a great time.
- Sabin, F. Louis Pasteur: Young Scientist. Memphis, TN: Troll Communications, 1983.
This book focuses on the life of the famous scientist Louis Pasteur. It is informative and easy to read.
- Brandt, K. Marie Curie: Brave Scientist. Memphis, TN: Troll Communications, 2002.
This book focuses on the life of the famous scientist Marie Curie. It is part of the Easy Biographies series.
- Purwin, P. Grampa’s a Scientist. Los Angeles, CA: Collage Storybook Press, 1999.
This is a story about a visit from a grandfather to his twin grandchildren and their magical, scientific adventure.
- Trumbauer, L. Everyone is a Scientist. Mankato, MN: Pebble Books, 2000. This is an elementary book that shows how anyone, even the youngest of children, can be a scientist.