As students complete the activities in the module, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Do students know the main parts of the brain and the major functions of each part?
- Do students know the main parts of a neuron? Can they explain the function of the neurotransmitters?
- Can students explain neurotransmission? Do they have a clear understanding that this is the process through which messages are sent throughout the brain and body?
- Do students understand the importance of the brain and its many functions?
- Did students participate in the class activities and discussion? Did they engage in the topics?
Cite this article
APA style citation
National Institute on Drug Abuse (June 1 2007). Assessment. In Grades 6-9. Retrieved from http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/grades-6-9/introduction-to-brain-nervous-system-module-1/assessment