As students complete the activities in the module, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Do students know the main parts of the brain and the major functions of each part?
- Do students know the main parts of a neuron? Can they explain the function of the neurotransmitters?
- Can students explain neurotransmission? Do they have a clear understanding that this is the process through which messages are sent throughout the brain and body?
- Do students understand the importance of the brain and its many functions?
- Did students participate in the class activities and discussion? Did they engage in the topics?
T-shirts, Stickers, and Buttons: Grades 6-9
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.