As students complete the activities in the module, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Can students explain the effects of heroin on the brain? Can they explain how these changes can result in addiction?
- Can students explain the effects of cocaine in the brain? Can they explain how these changes can result in addiction?
- Do students understand the connection between withdrawal symptoms and how the brain changes from the use of heroin and cocaine?
- Do students understand the differences between the effects of each of these drugs on the body?
- Did students participate in class activities and discussion? Did they engage in the topics?
T-shirts, Stickers, and Buttons: Grades 6-9
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.