As students complete the activities in the module, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Can students explain the effects of heroin on the brain? Can they explain how these changes can result in addiction?
- Can students explain the effects of cocaine in the brain? Can they explain how these changes can result in addiction?
- Do students understand the connection between withdrawal symptoms and how the brain changes from the use of heroin and cocaine?
- Do students understand the differences between the effects of each of these drugs on the body?
- Did students participate in class activities and discussion? Did they engage in the topics?
Cite this article
APA style citation
National Institute on Drug Abuse (June 1 2007). Assessment. In Grades 6-9. Retrieved from http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/grades-6-9/drugs-street-module-5/assessment