Drugs in the Cupboard (Module 3)
You can also download this entire module in PDF format by clicking the following link: Module 3 (PDF, 600KB)
This module explains how prescription drugs and some household products can damage the brain and body when used improperly. Household products are called inhalants when they are abused. These drugs are particularly prone to abuse because they are often found in the home and are easily accessible. Prescription drugs and inhalants are not dangerous when they are used as intended. However, they can lead to serious side effects, even death, when used inappropriately.
At the end of this module:
- At the end of this module:
- Students can explain the effects of prescription drugs.
- Students can explain how prescription drugs affect the functioning of the brain and body when not used properly.
- Students understand how inhalants can change the brain.
- Students understand why it is important to use medication as instructed.