- Board Game, with spinner and playing pieces (PDF, 279KB) (for each group)
- Set of 10-15 blank cards for each group (use index cards or scratch paper)
- Paper and pencils
- Black Line Master (PDF, 111KB)
- DVD and DVD player
- Familiarize yourself with the topic of neurotransmission by reading the background section of the guide.
- Create an overhead transparency showing neurotransmission by using the Black Line Master (PDF, 111KB) at the back of this guide.
- Decide how you want to group the students for this activity. Each group should consist of three to four students.
- Make enough copies of the board and the cards so that each group receives one set.
You may want to have parent volunteers or instructional assistants help make copies of the materials needed for this activity.