Neurotransmission (Module 3)
You can also download this entire module in PDF format by clicking the following link: Module 3 (PDF 5.5MB)
In the second mission, the students learned about the parts of the brain and what each part does. During this mission, they learn about neurotransmission—the process by which information travels to and from the brain—by playing a board game and then devising their own original way to explain this process.
- Students learn about neurons and what they do.
- Students find out how neurons communicate with each other.
- Students explore the relationship between the brain and the rest of the central nervous system.
- Students learn more about neurotransmission by playing a board game.
- Students apply what they have learned by figuring out a unique way to explain the topic.
Cite this article
APA style citation
National Institute on Drug Abuse (2012). Neurotransmission (Module 3). In Grades 4-5. Retrieved from http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/grades-4-5/neurotransmission-module-3