As the students work on this activity, observe whether they have mastered the following:
- Can the students explain the effects of alcohol on the brain, the nervous system, and the body?
- Can the students explain the effects of marijuana on the brain, the nervous system, and the body?
- Can the students explain the effects of inhalants on the brain, the nervous system, and the body?
- Were the students able to develop accurate drawings that included the necessary information?
- Were the students able to write explanations of their drawings that reflected what they learned?
Below are some additional activities that can be done after completion of the third mission. These activities are extensions to many areas of the curriculum.
- Suggest that the students write a play summarizing what they learned about drugs during these last two modules. They may want to perform for other students in the school.
- Tell the students to write a poem explaining how drugs affect the brain and the body. They may want to include many drugs or just one specific type.
Cite this article
APA style citation
National Institute on Drug Abuse (2012). Assessment/Additional Activities. In Grades 4-5. Retrieved from http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/brain-power/grades-4-5/alcohol-marijuana-inhalants-module-5/assessmentadditional-activities